Our PLX meters are our automated meter reading (AMR) system. The PLX system can help us:
- Correctly size transformers - the system provides peak demand usage data with a time stamp. We can use this information to build a load profile for use in properly sizing transformers.
- Balance loads - the system provides kWh usage, peak demand, and phase identification. All this can be used to help identify which loads to shift.
- Identify failing equipment - signal strength analysis of the transmitters can provide location of failing equipment such as cracked insulators, bad switches, hot line clamps, and bad voltage regulators.
- Reduce blinks - the system monitors blinks and can identify the locations that experience blinks.
- Determine how widespread outages are - the system will identify transmitters that have lost power.
- Reduce line loss - through system maintenance and diagnostic evaluation, we can reduce line loss.
- Enhance customer service and resolve billing questions - data that is collected can provide accurate, daily usage for each customer. This information can be used to resolve billing questions.