To establish a new account with HOTEC, the following procedure must be followed:
- Obtain Application by one of the following methods:
- Visit one of HOTEC's offices.
- Download application here.
- Call the office at (254) 840-2871 or (800) 840-2957, and request that the application be mailed or faxed to you.
- Fax 254 840-4250 to request an application.
- E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. (Note: In your e-mail message specify whether you want the membership application mailed or faxed to you.)
- Request a credit check:
- If you are applying for an account with HOTEC for the first time, you will need to call us with your current address so we may run a consumer credit check. (Note: All credit checks are run through Experian.)
- Pay Applicable Fees:
- $5.00 Membership Fee
- $50.00 Connect/Transfer Fee
- $300.00 Deposit (Waived if credit check passed)
- Establish the Location of Service:
- If the residence has had service from HOTEC before, all you will need to do is provide the "meter number" of the meter at the residence (if there is no meter we will need the name of the last person that had service connected), or
- If service has not been provided to the requested service location by HOTEC or if the location is a new structure, the customer will need to fill out a new construction application and return it to the office. Once we receive the application, we will contact you to make an appointment with our staking engineer.
- Return the Completed Application:
- The application can be returned to HOTEC in person or by mail. Please send a legible copy of a valid drivers license and social security card.
Meter Loop Specification Sheet
Download spec sheet in PDF format