Paying your monthly utility bill is easy and convenient with the several payment options you are offered by Heart of Texas Electric Cooperative. While many still prefer to send in their payment each month with their payment coupons, you have many alternatives which include:
Online Bill Pay
Click here for secure online Bill Pay services.
If you choose, you may arrange for us to draft your bank account monthly for the amount of your electric bill. Your account will be billed as usual. Approximately 15 days after issuance of the bill, the total amount due will be drafted from your bank account. This delay allows you to contact our office if you have any questions regarding your bill or make alternate payment arrangements.
Please be advised of the following:
- If a member has more than (2) returned payments within a 12 month period as a result insufficient funds, they will be removed from Bank Draft and will not be eligible for the program for 1 year.
- A $25.00 fee may be applied to all returned items.
- A voided check MUST be provided along with the authorization form to ensure the Bank Routing number and Account number is correct.
To sign up for bank draft, print and return the Bank Draft Authorization form to our office, along with your voided check.
Credit Card Draft
If you choose, you may arrange for us draft your choice credit card monthly for the amount of your electric bill. Your account will be billed as usual. Approximately 15 days after issuance of the bill, the total amount due will be drafted from your credit card. This delay allows you to contact our office if you have any questions regarding your bill or make alternate payment arrangements.
Heart of Texas Electric accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express for payment of any services we offer.
To sign up for credit card draft, print and return the Credit Card Draft Authorization form to our office.
Alternative Payment Locations
Download a list of Payment Location.
Pay by Phone
- We accept Credit Card payments using Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
- To Pay by Phone Call: 1-855-399-2688
Average billing helps smooth out the highs and lows of your monthly electric bill. This amount is the average monthly billing for electric service based upon Members’ usage of electricity during a recent 12 month period. The amount is recalculated each month using the most recent 12 months’ usage on your account. The level payment amount WILL NOT be the same every month.
- You must have at least 12 months of service history.
- You may not have more than 2 delinquent payments within the most recent 12 month history.
- You may not have an outstanding past due balance on your Heart of Texas account.
If you are interested in applying for Average Billing, please submit the Level Payment Agreement form. Once your eligibility has been determined, the following billing cycle will reflect your billing average.
For members in need of payment assistance, please click here to see a list of assistive agencies.